Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In search of enlightenment??!!

Maybe it was the beginning of a brand new year or maybe it was landing up a job with JWT. I still cannot figure out the source of this new weird apparently good feeling of increased responsibility !!

Last week I woke up one morning and felt different. Felt like there is a larger purpose behind me doing my MBA in an extremely remote place like Harihar leaving behind all my fetish for partying, clubbing and shopping. I mean if God had a design in mind without a purpose then he is being extremely cruel to me. First he drops me in the trade capital - Dubai. Ensures that I live there happily for 8 years and then to Oman for 4 years. From there to Chennai and then to a village?!! My life graph can almost be compared with the recession now - dipping low.

In normal times, I would brush the feeling away and blame it on the forced finance classes. But, that day I started thinking and almost decided to embark on this journey to find my Life's purpose (cliche?) One of my friends (who happens to be extremely spiritual very unlike me) said I had to discipline my life first.

So here's what I did:
- Cut out on junk food
- Started swimming regularly
- Meditation (@#$%^* I know!!)
- Maintaining a log book
- Following the political junkie for extra info

Lets see how long this lasts. Wish me luck folks! If I find light at the end of the tunnel, I sure will write to you.

3 comments:

arvindiyer said...

LUCK:)

All the best. When you want something real bad, it doesn't matter where you are.. village or a metro, life has a very funny, but interesting way of revealing and giving us things that we work hard for. Go out there and prove a lot of people wrong.

Yogi said...

May your search bear fruits. Put all your efforts in it and if you are really pining for it, you'll get it.
Bless you.

Arvind Iyer said...

What the hell...I've been preempted by another arvind iyer!