Sunday, March 22, 2009

Coffee house syndrome

9: 30 am
So, it was a bright calm sunny sunday morning. I was enjoying a nice hot cuppa sitting on a bean bag staring out the window. Fur face decided to go on a hunger strike and was working up a major storm in my usually serene household. This seemed to entertain my neighbours as they decided to feed their 3 yr old son. Watching my dad run after a 12 inch high black fur ball was quite a sight, you know!
I closed my eyes to escape the noise and drifted away to the good old days where the coffee house was my true confidant. The aroma of freshly brewed cappucino on a table with a P.G. Wodehouse turned to page 176 .. Those were the days.
With time, escapism became a way of life. The coffee table melted into the darkness and the book by its side substituted with a laptop. The endless coffees
continued to flow as a presentation for the strategy class filled the screen. Life sure gets its kicks!
The sunday morning calmness somehow managed to create this unbelievable desire for a coffee and a conversation.

6 pm
So, I wound up in a small coffee house.
A latte on a tray in front of me and a black coffee on the other side.
A comfortable conversation exchanging the good ol' days stories.
A book by the side.

9: 30 pm
Coffaholic me completely satisfied. The coffee house syndrome lives on.

7 comments:

Sudhir Pai said...

ha ha ha! What book of PG wodehouse, may I ask?

Karthick Gopal said...

Too much coffee is not good! A latte and a black one together. How did you sleep that night?

Abhinaya said...

latte for the lady and the black cuppa for the man.. KG dude ..I was with a friend !

Fervid Blogger said...

"The coffee house syndrome lives on"

And I'm experiencing a Coffee Pot Syndrome here. Enjoy girl while it lasts!

Abhinaya said...

Surajjjjjjjjjj ... I shall drink the latte to us !

ravi said...

PG Wodehouse , you said , is it ? Most welcome any time with or without coffee.
The humour of this write is so subtle that you do not need any one to share the joke with !!!

Jeet said...

Too much coffee can be injurious to wealth!